Saturday, December 3, 2022

Two more trimmed quilts -

 
 
Today I trimmed both Christmas quilts - 
 
First - 
 
My Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Green -
 
 
The back - 
 
 
Piecing the back gives me a chance to use fabric - 
 
That I have a hard time "using" on the front - 
 
A green toile - a pretty stripe - and a bunch of Christmas goodies - 
 
That look better "whole" to me - 

 
A busy print -  some trees - and a  plaid - 
 
 
Especially this "ugly Christmas sweater" print - 
 
 
Second - 
 
My Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Red
 
 
The back - 

 
With another colorway of the "ugly Christmas sweater" print - 
 
 
Some candy canes in jars -
 
 
A pretty stripe with Cardinals - 
 
And some reindeer with blue triangle trees - 
 
 
Now I have four quilts to bind -
 
So it looks like making some binding - 
 
Is on the agenda for tomorrow - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love the off-center design of the back of the red one.
I agree about using fabrics for the back that "just don't work" for piecing. I have been told "If you don't like it, you just haven't cut it small enough." Ha, I had one that would have required cutting pieces 1/2" square or less.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such wonderful, beautiful accomplishment. I also have binding to make for 7 quilts that I got unknowingly sucked into. I love the pieced backings- so much fun and interest. Just in time for the season!

Katie said...

Four quilts! That's a lot of binding, but it's all part of the process. I like to use prints for backs, too, that are too big for the front. And then I have leftovers. Some of them got used for masks when that became a thing, but...hmmm...I guess that is ONE reason my stash is still there...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...