Friday, December 30, 2022

Moving along -

 
 
After I finished playing with the Big and Bold scraps - 
 
I found that I had quite a few to add to my collection - 
 
 
I used my scrap playtime to contemplate - 
 
How I wanted to quilt the Woof & Whiskers tops - 
 
And - after some VERY helpful input from my friends - 
 
I decided to quilt an all-over swirly design -
 
That should soften the "boxy" blocks - 

 
Then I had to decide what color of thread to use - 
 
And decided on BLACK - 
 
It will blend in with the backing fabric - 
 
And most of the fabrics in the top - 
 
It will show on the lighter fabrics - 
 
But they have BLACK line drawings on them - 
 
So it should be fine - 

 
Then - just for fun - 

I loaded the quilt top sideways with the darkest blocks on the left side - 

So my beginning swirls will blend in with the darker fabrics - 

And I should be better at doing them - 
 
By the time I get to the lighter fabrics on the right side - 
 
At least that's the plan - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

It sounds like a good plan. I think you are right about the swirls softening the boxy design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...