Thursday, December 29, 2022

Pondering -

 
 
How I want to quilt the first of two quilts - 
 
Woof & Whiskers - Confetti
 
 
The big blocks are made up of four smaller blocks - 

That look like an "H" and an "I" - 

Since my workspace is limited - 
 
I thought the quilting could be done one small block at a time -

And that wouldn't show my starts and stops - 

So I cut the batting and put the top on the frame - 
 
Not basted or anything - 
 
Just draped over the frame - 
 
So I can ponder - 
 
While I finish "un-sewing" some scraps and trimmings - 


Hopefully - I will be inspired - 

As I sit and ponder - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Sue said...

The possibilities are endless.....which leads to more pondering!

Gene Black said...

My go to quilting motif is a swirl. I have a few variations on a swirl. I just tend to do them a bit too densely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't like starts and stops so almost all of my quilting designs go from one edge to the other. I quilt the whole space top to bottom (in each advance) in sections and end up at the other edge. I'm not sure I explained it good.

Katie said...

I always feel like a more boxy design needs swirly things quilted into it. But maybe that's just me. I meant to longarm today, but the crud found me so I stayed in bed. Feeling better tonight than this morning, so maybe tomorrow? (If not, the kitties were happy with my laziness...) Either way, I'll be checking back tomorrow to see what, if anything, has been decided. No rush for me, though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...