Monday, December 26, 2022

The experiment -

 
 
Was a success! - 
 
I got the binding made -
 
And the quilt bound on Christmas Eve - 
 
Just in time for Christmas - 
 
 
 
It came out to 77" x 100" -
 
Which is much larger than I usually make - 
 
So the right side is bunched up in these photos - 

 
I love the contrast in this Connecting Threads collection of fabrics - 
 
And their "Big and Bold" pattern from years ago - 

 
I set big "chunks/slabs" of fabric on the diagonal on the back - 
 
To contrast with the "straight" setting on the front - 

 

 
My camera makes the RED look ORANGE in these photos - 
 
But it is a beautiful RED - 
 
And with the BLACK and WHITE - 
 
They are perfect for something Big and Bold - ;)) 



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Congrats! I agree about the contrast in the fabric line. This is a very graphic quilt with the colors, contrast, and great pattern.

Katie said...

Hooray for the experiment being a success! To see it from the photos, one wouldn't know all the troubles you had, which is good. Did your grandson like it? (I do like that big pattern - it would be great for some of those large prints that are hard to cut into.)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a beautiful finish! Congratulations.

Sue said...

Fabulous finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...