Saturday, November 7, 2020

More Squirrels -

 
 
Were distracting me again today - LOL - ;))
 
First I saw that some dies were on sale - 
 
So I took a look at the one for "Storm at Sea" - HERE
 
And the one for "Snail's Trail" - HERE -
 
But I thought it was odd that they used QST for some of the pieces - 
 
Because I would have used HST for ALL of the triangles - 
 
So that the outside corners would be on the "straight of grain"
 
But I guess that's just me - LOL - ;))
 
Then I thought I would check the videos from Missouri Star Quilt Company
 
To see how Jenny cuts hers - 
 
And I found two videos for Snail's Trail blocks - 
 
This one - Snail's Trail - HERE - uses layer cakes - 
 
And then - 
 
Right about the time I was wondering if I could do it with charm packs - 
 
I found this one - Happy Trails - HERE - that uses charm packs - LOL - ;))
 
So I sorted the "other" charm packs - 

To see what I had - 
 

 
And now I can't decide if I want to make some larger Churn Dash Blocks
 
Or maybe some Happy Trails Blocks
 
I think I have enough charm squares to do either one - 
 
I would just have to resort some of the print ones - 
 
And add some "background" ones to the mix - 

And I do realize that Jenny's cutting instructions have me cut some QST

But it really is a super cool way to make the block -
 
What do you think? - ;))
 
And - in case you're wondering - 
 
No - I didn't buy either one of those dies - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Yes, I see that that method does use QSTs with bias edges. BUT, they end up inside the block-so with reasonable care they should be fine. I wouldn't cut them all ahead of time, but maybe for two at a time like she did in the video. It is when the bias ends up on the outer edge of the block that I am concerned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...