Thursday, March 5, 2020

Not much progress today -


But I'm still farther along than I was yesterday -

So I'm making "some" progress - ;))

I "un-sewed" the first four strips according to my diagram -


And managed to sew one pair together -

It may not sound like much -

But there are 39 seams to match -

One seam every two inches -

So it goes a little slower than "chain piecing" - LOL - ;))


I haven't sewn sew the second pair yet -

But I pulled the next four strips to "un-sew" -

And will try to get them all sewn together tomorrow - ;))


My back was complaining all day - it did NOT like all of the cutting that I did yesterday - and was making SURE that I knew it!! So - for most of the day I was sitting either at the computer or the sewing machine - until it was time to make dinner - and then I used the microwave - so I didn't have to stand at the stove -

I have the feeling that it will LOVE bedtime -

When I don't have to sit OR stand - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

That is the disadvantage to doing all the cutting at once. My back usually complains some also.
Do you pin some of the seams or just use your fingers to match them? I found that pinning every few squares on it helped me a lot.

Barbara said...

Hope your back recovers quickly. Be good to it.

Cindy Quilts said...

I am looking forward to seeing this one finished.
Hope your back if feeling better today.

Sue said...

Hope your back is feeling better. Slow means the process can be savored for longer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...