Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The baselines -


On the Victoria and Albert Interweave are quilted - ;))


After I fuse/basted it -

I pinned the middle vertical row and every 4th row to each side -

I call these the "baselines" -

And quilt them first to stabilize the whole quilt -
Removing the pins and pinmoors as I go along -

Then I go back and quilt the lines "between" them -

Starting in the middle and working my way to the right edge -

Turn the quilt around - and work my way to the right again -

The "right" side is quilted from the top to the bottom -

And the "left" side is quilted from the bottom to the top -

But the difference in direction isn't noticeable in the overall quilting - ;))

Now that this one is off the kitchen island -

I want/need another "stand-up" project to alternate with this "sit-down" one -

So I think I'll go back to cutting the second panel of the Imperial Bargello -

I have already sewn the "right" panel -

But I still need to cut and sew the "left" panel -


And I want/need to "cut and kit" another piecing project -

Or find a UFO to play with -

Until it's time to sew the Imperial Bargello together -

I'd like to see if I can maintain two "sit-down" projects -
One piecing and one quilting -

And one "stand-up" project -
Cutting - pressing- fuse/basting - pinning - trimming -

So that I can alternate between them -

To keep my back happy -

So it will let me enjoy myself while I PLAY - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Barbara said...

Right, left, top, bottom, sit down, stand up... I’m dizzy! Lol. Seriously, it’s great to make so much progress. The bargello looks beautiful!

Gene Black said...

I like to quilt some baselines also. I call them "stabilization quilting" but it is just semantics.
I use the same machine for piecing and quilting so I can't really maintain two going at the same time without spending a lot of time changing the machine set up.

It will be fun to see that bargello all together.

Sue said...

It's going to be gorgeous. Variety keeps everything interesting, as well as looking after your back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...