Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Break time -


Thank you for all of the kind comments on my Imperial Bargello -

I like how it turned out -
It took some time - but I think it was worth it - ;))

I still have to put the borders on and make the backing -

But I'm already thinking about making another one using the same pattern -
And I'm such a sucker for a pretty jelly roll -
I have a couple of these in my stash from a while ago -

Robert Kaufman Meredith by RK Studio Roll-Up - 40 strip roll -
From Jelly Roll Fabric - dot - com - HERE -

I like the color combination of purple and green -
And it would definitely by more "feminine" -
But I think it would make a pretty bargello - ;))

While I was thinking about that -

And since my back has been complaining lately -

I decided to take a break and make myself a "Do-It-Yourself" heating pad -

Similar to the one that I recently fixed for a friend - HERE -

For hers I used a 1/4 yd cut of a Norman Rockwell print -

For mine I used a 1/4 yd cut of a Charles Schultz - Peanuts® print -
And sewed it up before I wrote down the details from the selvage - oops! - ;))



Anyway - I pretty much made it up as I went along - made a "pillowcase" for the outer casing - then made three muslin "pouches" - filled them with grains of rice - stitched them closed - put them inside the "pillowcase" - stitched a couple of lines to tack down the pouches and separate the three sections - then stitched the end/opening closed - easy peasy - ;))

Pop it in the microwave for two or three minutes to heat it up -

And hope my back appreciates my efforts - ;))

BOB was teasing me and said I should have used popcorn kernels instead of rice -

Silly goose - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Sue said...

Love the fabric. Pouches are a great idea. Mine are just bags of rice. I need to make a couple more, so I'll be making them your way. Haha @ BOB.

Frog Quilter said...

I use tube socks for my rice bags. Each end gets clothes line sew into them so that they can be wrapped around your waist or neck or any where. Great soothing heat.

Barbara said...

This heating pad is adorable, and more importantly good for aches and pains. Good idea to take a break, rest well!

Katie said...

Popcorn would definitely had been more...um...amusing?! The fabric is really cute and a perfect use for it.

Gene Black said...

MIne are similar to the ones Frog Quilter makes - but I use old t-shirts for the outside and at least two layers of it. I use a rope-like cording in the ends also.

Rest up and make good use of that. When it is cold here I heat two of them. One goes in bed at my feet while the other goes against my back.

Cindy Quilts said...

The Robert Kaufman jelly roll will make a beautiful bargello.
Love the heating pad.
BOB is so funny!!
Hope your back feels better.

Sherry said...

Hope your back stops complaining soon.

I love the Peanuts fabric. Hubby likes Peanuts, especially Snoopy a lot. . .I'll have to be on the lookout for that fabric in my travels.

I like BOB's popcorn idea. . . but your pouches don't have "escape" hatches! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...