Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Pressing -


As I go along is my usual thing -

But with a bargello -

I sometimes get caught when the 1" strips are pressed and then get in the way when I try to sew the next seam -

So I didn't press them on the left panel of my Imperial Bargello -

Until the very end -


You can see how itty bitty they are -

Those 1" strips finish at 1/2" -


Anyway - it's finally a flimsy -

Ta Dah!! -


Now you can see what I meant when I said - in this post - that it's all "downhill" from here -

I was working from the center of the quilt to the LEFT side -

And had passed the last pivot point so I didn't have to pay that much attention to whether the next strips went "uphill" or "downhill" -

They ALL went "downhill" -


The distance between my kitchen cabinets and the island is about 64" -
So this one is close to 60" wide x 80" long -

But I still have the selvage on both of the outermost strips -
So - say 58" x 80" trimmed -

I could add a 6" border to each side -
That would get it to about 70" x 80" -

Which a pretty decent size - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Sue said...

Ta Da indeed! It's stunning!!!

another lefty said...

Gorgeous!

Gene Black said...

Very Nice! Those one inch strips are a bit fussy to sew AND to press. I had those in my convergence quilt.

Barbara said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Amazing flow!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very strking with lots movement and color interest.

Cindy Quilts said...

That is beautiful!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is so pretty!! I loved being able to enlarge the photo and see it close up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...