Friday, March 6, 2020

Slowly -


She pokes along - LOL - ;))

I got the second pair sewn together on the LEFT side of the Imperial Bargello -

And then made the first "foursie" -

Un-sewed the next four strips - and sewed the next "twosie" -


I was asked yesterday if I pinned some of the seams or just used my fingers to match them -

I don't pin - I just use my fingers to match them -

And since I can't hold the fabric - push buttons - and take photos at the same time -

I'll show you in steps -

First - I take two strips to the machine -


The bottom button on the face of this machine is a Stop/Start button -

I LOVE it!! -

It beats the heck out of chasing a foot pedal all over the floor - LOL -

Anyway - I hit that button with my RIGHT thumb -
To Stop it about 1/2 way through the next "patch" -
When the machine is Stopped - I use both hands to realign the strips if I need to -


Then I "nest" the next seam - I can feel the "ridge" under my finger -
And hold the strips down with the middle and ring fingers of my LEFT hand -
Using my index finger and thumb to set up the next seam -
Hit Start again - with my RIGHT thumb -
Sew through the seam and a bit beyond -


Then hit that button again with my RIGHT thumb -
To Stop it about 1/2 way through the next "patch" -

Rinse and repeat - LOL -

I have found that I don't really need to have BOTH hands on the strips while I'm stitching -

I just take it slow - it's NOT a race -

And I only have to worry about the "next" two inches - as I go along -

I do my best - but some of the seams are not perfect -

And I'm OK with that -

Using prints is forgiving, too -

The bloopers aren't that noticeable -


Even if I'm off a bit in colors that are different -

You can see the mis-match here -


But it isn't that noticeable in this photo -


And even less so - in this one -


So - from across the room - who's going to see it? -


And if anyone does see a blooper or two -

I hope they will keep it to themselves -

Because I already know where they are - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for the photos. Good looking prints together.

Gene Black said...

I agree. They should keep it to themselves. hehehee (Unless they are my proofreader.)

I have never convinced myself to use that start stop button for actual sewing. But I have tried it on some scraps. I use a rubber rug mat under my foot pedal so I don't have to chase it.

Barbara said...

Such pretty fabrics! Bloopers? Not a thing, only humilities.

Sue said...

Design elements, not bloopers.

Katie said...

Where's your sense of adventure? Is it even SEWING if you're not chasing around the darn foot pedal? (Or stepping on a cat who has positioned herself on the foot pedal and then hollers loudly when you try to make her sew?!) But it's looking good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...