Sunday, April 30, 2023

Cut -

 
 
The strata are cut - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold
 
 
I use my strip cutter die -
With 5 strips across the width of the die -
And can cut 2 sets of strata at a time - 
So each "row" above has the parts for two blocks - 
And needs to be sorted - later - 

The "end cuts" - rolled up on the left side of the cookie sheet - 
Give me a LOT of scraps -
Since I fan-fold the strata in thirds - 
I get two skinny bits at the "folds" - 
And two "selvage" ends - one skinny and one larger - 
 
 
Then I can "un-sew" them like I'm doing - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Pastel Brights


The scraps are good for my Scrap Card and Heart

And for "crumb" blocks - 

And other "scrap" projects - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am glad to see that you are moving right along. I have made a decision that I can no longer keep all the small scraps. Some days it is easy to toss them and -well, some days I keep some of them.

Katie said...

Did I just read that right that you started another quilt? Please don't let that be my fault with all my starting lately! I love the yellows, though, and it will be a bright but understated quilt. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding and you'll straighten me out right quick...

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am so tempted to buy that Marigold roll. However, I still have to slice my blue bargello up, eyesight determined.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...