Sunday, April 2, 2023

Fixed it -

 
 
At least I think we did - 
 
I thought about it a bit more -
And I thought that it might be that the frame is not level -
And that the right side is a bit higher than the rest - 
 
The carriage stops wherever I put it -
But if I move it all the way to the right -
It rolls back to the left and stops at about the same spot as my "hang up" - 

I think it's trying to go "uphill" at that spot - 
And the quilt is hitting the rails - 
And that little bit of "resistance" is causing the "drag" -
 

 
So I had my grandson adjust the feet on that side - lower them -
But they are as low as they can go - 

He then tried adjusting the left and middle feet up a little - 
And they are as high as they can go -
So it didn't make any difference - 

Then I thought that I needed to find something to put under the left feet - 
To raise them up a bit -
If I couldn't lower the right ones - 
So we could try that later - 

I could call the dealer -
But he adjusted it the best he could when he was here - 
So that would probably be a dead end - 

Or - I could just live with it - LOL - ;))
 
THEN - 
 
He fixed it!!!! - YAY!! -
 
He got some cardboard -
Folded it up and stuck a piece under each of the left feet -
That made no difference - 

So he took them out and stuck them under the middle feet -
 
Now the carriage stops at the right end like it should - YAY!!!
 
 
I clamped on an old practice quilt - 
And lowered the bars - front and back - one notch -
So the machine and carriage could go under them - 
 
Then I practiced swirling the machine around in big circles on that end -
And it seemed to move smoothly with no "drag" - 
 
But the true test will be when I do the next quilt - 
So we'll see - 
Hopefully it won't "drag" somewhere else - 

After we played with that - 

I decided to trim my Happy Trails

 
And some of the Opal KaBloom pieces - 


The little ones are about 5" square - 
So I think they can be coasters or mug rugs when I bind them - 
 
I cut the WHITE/BEIGE one at 12" square - 
So it could probably be a pillow cover - 
 
And the BLUE/YELLOW one is cut at 21" square - 
If I add a border - I can make it into a 20" pillow cover -
 
So -
 
Now I need to get some binding made - 
 
And decide what to quilt next - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Glad you got it sorted out. Cardboard will compress after a while. Maybe some wood shims would help, something solid. Did you use a bubble level? I had to fuss with mine a long time, but it has been level ever since. Nice small pieces quilted.

Gene Black said...

Linda made a good point with her comment about cardboard. It would be good to find a more permanent solution.
I had forgotten how lovely those Opal KaBloom pieces are. Those larger ones will certainly make lovely pillows.

Jeanna said...

I hope the fix works. You are doing so well with your quilting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...