Saturday, April 1, 2023

Loose ends -

 
 
While I get myself organized - 
 
And tie up some loose ends - 
 
I also need to figure out why my machine seems to "drag" - 
 
When it gets to the right side of the frame - 
 
My curves get "straight-ish" as if I'm hitting some invisible barrier - 
 
Like in the top right WHITE square -
Going from top to bottom - 
The right side should be a curve - 
 
 
And the loop from the center of the GREEN triangle to the corner should curve -
I started in the top right corner - made an arc to the middle of the long side - 
Looped the left side to the corner -
But the right side of the loop got "straight" - 
When I headed back to the middle of the long side -
Then the arc to the bottom left corner was OK - 
 
Why was everything OK except the right side of the loop? -
Going up from the bottom right to top left -  

 
And the left side of this WHITE orange peel got "straight" - 
Going from bottom to top - 
But the top arc was OK - left to right -
Then the arc on the right side got "straight" again - top to bottom -
And the bottom arc was OK - right to left -

 
I listed the directions of the stitching to see if I could find a pattern - 
And I don't really - except that the "drag" seems to be more "vertical" - 
 
And I only notice it when I get to the right side of the frame - 
 
I've checked the cord and it doesn't seem to be hanging up - 
 
I've checked for loose fibers/threads on the wheels - none that I can find - 

I've checked the height of the rails on both sides -
Thinking that the quilt was closer to the bed of the machine on the right - 
But the markings on both sides match - 
 
What's funny is that - without a quilt on the frame -
The machine moves freely with no "hang-ups" - 
 
So I guess that I'll be playing with a practice sandwich tomorrow - 
 
To see if I can figure out what's going on - 
 
Or maybe it's just "operator error" -
 
In which case I need to practice my curves - ;))
 
EDIT UPDATE -
 
FIXED IT!!! -
I'll tell you about it tomorrow - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

That is oddly interesting. Perhaps a reader who has a longarm will be able to tell you what is happening and how to fix it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...