Thursday, April 27, 2023

Seventeen -

 
 
Wow - 
 
I knew that I had made a few of these - 
 
Upstairs/Downstairs tops - 
 
But I didn't realize that my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold - 
 
Would make the total - SEVENTEEN -

Until I was asked yesterday how many I had made - 

A while ago I made some "Collage" photos -
But I forgot the first two that I made -
Sorry - but Blogger decided the order - not me - LOL - 
 
The top one in this first collage is Autumn Squirrel
Which became part of my Ugly Christmas Fabric quilt - 
 
The bottom one is the very first one I made - 6/14/18
Simply named Upstairs/Downstairs
Before I knew I was going to make a few more -
And it is the smallest of them all - 
I used 1-1/2" strips that finished at 1" - and made a six-step block -
For 6" blocks - 6 x 6 layout - 36" x 36" - 
 

Then came this batch -
Not necessarily sewn in this order - 
 
Top row - 
Christmas Red -
Christmas Green -
Sevilla Blues (5x6) -   
 
Middle Row - 
Iris/Rose Mix -
Green (5x6) - 
Meredith - 
 
Bottom Row - 
Gleaned - 
Hear Wave (5x6) - 
Winter's Grandeur -   
 

Then this last batch - 
 
The left column - from top to bottom - 
Seedlings - 
Wild Things - 

The right column - from top to bottom - 
Blushing Peonies - 
Sherbet - 
Pastel Brights -
 
I made three in the 5x6 layout - 

But then decided that I preferred the 6x8 version - 

And two 40-strip jelly rolls fit the bill perfectly -
 
The pattern is pretty much fool-proof - 
 
And the fabrics do all of the work - 
 
It's my go-to when I want/need to sew something mindless - 

So now I wonder how many more I will make  - 
 
Before I get tired of them - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have never made more than two of a quilt - and that probably once or twice. (okay, I do realize that I may have made 3 disappearing nine patch quilts, but even then I used different layouts to make the design different.)

Linda Swanekamp said...

They are all lovely. I could never tire of them unless I just used the same colorway over and over. It is always a surprise how they turn out.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's nice to find a pattern that works well and is fun to make. These all look so different too. My go to pattern is the 16 patch, same results, they all look different and it's fun and easy. I know I have made at least 20 and I think maybe more.

Katie said...

Holy cow! 17? And they all look different! How many more are you going to make?

Frog Quilter said...

They are all beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...