Saturday, April 29, 2023

Pressed -

 
 
But not cut yet - 
 
Today I pressed all eight sets of strata - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold
 
 
 
Then I decided to play with the trimmings -
From my Upstairs/Downstairs - Pastel Brights
 
I un-sewed the "ends" and made separate little piles - 

 
And put the "selvage" ends in another pile - 
 
And the bigger ends in another pile - for the Heart

 
Then I combined all of the "same" fabrics - 
One pile for each of the twenty fabrics in the jelly rolls -  
Pressed them -
And chose the skinniest strip for the Scrap Card
The rest will go in my "crumb" bin for "crumb" blocks - 

 
The Scrap Card doesn't need a very big piece of fabric - 
I just want a sample of the fabrics that I used in the quilt -
So these will do nicely - 


Tomorrow I may continue with these - 

And make the Heart
 
And a Label for the quilt - 

Or I may cut some of the strata that I pressed today - 

I don't know yet - 

I'll decide tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

You were very productive. You certainly saved a lot of trimmings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...