Thursday, April 13, 2023

The backing -

 
 
Is all sewn together - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Pastel Brights
 
 
If you compare this photo to yesterday's photo below - 
 
You'll see that the PINK and PURPLE on the left are "reversed" - 


That was an "oops" moment - 
 
When I realized that I had sewn the PURPLE - 
 
To the wrong end of the PINK - 
 
I was going to "fix" it - 

But decided to just "let it go" - 

And I kinda like it better this way anyway - 

The ORANGE and PINK prints are offset - 

And don't both appear at the top of the backing -
 
As well as the tone-on-tone solids on the other end - 
 
After I basted the zippers to the top and bottom - 
 
I set it aside for the moment - 
 
Tomorrow I plan to play with my TOWA Bobbin Tension Gauge again - 

 I want to get that all sorted out - 

Before I load this quilt on the frame - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, I think the offset is better too. Sometimes mistakes are our subconscious "helping" us make different decisions.

Sue said...

It's a fab backing. Great way to use all those chunks that are too big for the scrap bag.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wish I could get my pastel backing done. I hope you find the sweet spot for the tension. Kind of like tuning an instrument. Once you find it, you just use it.

Katie said...

Looks great from here, mistake or not. I hope the tension dance goes well and quickly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...