Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Bobbins -

 
 
Today I played with some bobbins - 
 
All polyester - but different weights -
 
So I'm going to document what I did here - 
In case I lose my notes -  

 
Ignore the two GREEN "test runs" on the left - 
 
Top thread - Finess - THICKET BROWN - 50 wt - 3 ply - polyester -
Since that is what I'm using on my Imperial Bargello -
Might as well test it with the thread I want to use -
"High quality" thread - brand new -
 
Then I changed the bobbins - 
 
#1 - BLACK - Maxilock - 50 wt - 3 ply - polyester - 
Also what I'm using on my Imperial Bargello - 
"Serger" thread - but same weight and type as Finesse - 
 
#2 - NATURAL WHITE - Bottom Line - 60 wt - 2 ply - polyester - 
"High quality" thread - but older - it's been in my stash for a while - 

 
#3 - Natural - Connecting Threads - EssentialPRO - 70 wt - 3 ply - polyester -
Also older - from my stash - 
 
#4 - CREAM - Decobob - 80 wt - cottonized polyester -
The CREAM one is in the bobbin now - I forgot to take it out for the photo - 
The BLACK is the other one that was included in the sample pack - same type - 
"High quality" - brand new -

 
I wanted to minimize the variables - 
 
Kept the top thread the same - 
 
And the tension settings on both the top and bobbin the same - 
 
To see what would happen -
  
The bobbin thread broke on the Bottom Line and EssentialPro -
And I got eyelashes, too -
 
The TOWA gauge ranged from 270 to 300 to 400+ - 
 
So fiddling with the tension might produce better results -
 
I have also ordered some different threads - 
 
As recommended by some friends - 
 
And will play with them when they get here - 
 
For now - I'll stop whining - 

And get back to "un-sewing" my Imperial Bargello

While I think about my next "sewing" project - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -   

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

I would definitely be loosening that bottom tension.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...