Saturday, May 27, 2023

Testing -

 
 
Today I tested ten different thread combinations - 
 
Different top threads -
But the same bobbin thread weight/type -  
 
And  f found a few that Gracie didn't like-
 
And some that she did - 
 
 
I tested two of the Grace sample threads - 
 
And Gracie liked them both - 
 
Surprise - surprise - LOL - 

A GREEN solid -


 
And a MULTI-colored variegated -

 
 
 
 She also liked this YELLOW combination -
 

 
For my own records - 
I tested each thread combination - four different ways - 
  • Regulated Cruise - 10 stitches per inch
  • Regulated Cruise - 14 stitches per inch
  • Regulated Precise - 10 stitches per inch 
  • Regulated Precise - 14 stitches per inch 
 
I haven't thoroughly analyzed all of the results yet -
 
But I did notice that she didn't particularly like the "Regulated Precise" mode -
 
Nor did she like the 14 stitches per inch - 
 
So tomorrow I'll narrow it down to the "Regulated Cruise" mode - 
 
And 10 stitches per inch -

Then re-test the same combinations -
 
Plus a few more just for fun -
 
I think she likes 50 wt. polyester best - 
 
So - if all I have to do to make her happy - 
 
Is change the "mode" and lengthen the stitch -
 
And find her favorite thread type and weight - 
 
I think I can do that - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmmm.... I didn't realize that you are using a "regulated" stitch length. I tried a domestic machine with a stitch regulator once and I hated it. Of course that was years ago. Maybe I need to try one again to be fair.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are certainly thorough and tenacious. Hopefully, you will get results that work for you and you can just quilt.

Kara Kwilts said...

I know my old sewing machine doesn't like the "cheap" thread I was using. I now have to only use the Guterman thread. It makes it go though. :) Kara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...