Tuesday, May 2, 2023

First set -

 
 
Of blocks is sewn - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold
 
 
And - 
 
Just because I was anxious to see what this might look like - 
 
When I get it all done - 
 
I put all six up on the wall - 


And I'm not sure I like it at all - 
 
It's a bit MUCH - 
 
And REALLY BRIGHT in the photo - 
 
And even MORE so in "real life" -  

Maybe I should have used the YELLOW as the MAIN DIAGONAL - 

But it would STILL be REALLY BRIGHT -
 
Oh, well - 
 
It's only fabric - 
 
And I can always make another one - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Bright is good. Lots of contrast. A sunset is bright. Don't forget you just finished quilting the pastel one.

Gene Black said...

I think it will be lovely. It is really too late to change anything except the diagonal color( by unsewing, and resewing. I think you should just go with it.

Cindy Quilts said...

I like it!

Katie said...

I like it! It kinda looks like a pixelated sunset to me. Maybe you could do a darker border around the whole quilt to tone it down? Or applique some black silhouettes of trees or butterflies or something? Or just call it a lesson learned, donate it and know that someone will love it even if you don't?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...