Sunday, May 14, 2023

Re-doing -

 
 
The re-do - 
 
It feels like I'm back at square one - again - 
 
The tension is STILL wonky - 
 
On my Imperial Bargello
 
The YELLOW pokies don't look that bad -  
 
But the BLACK bobbin thread is STILL just sitting there - 
 
I've tightened the top tension in a couple of "full" turns - 

And a few "quarter" turns of the dial -

And STILL have tension problems - 
 
 
I didn't have much time to play with it  today - 
 
So I'll play with it more tomorrow - 
 
And start over AGAIN - 
 
Set the bobbin tension with the "drop test" - 
 
See what the TOWA gauge reads - 
 
Then adjust the top tension - 
 
Ignoring the number on the dial - 
 
I have a preconceived notion of what that number should be - 
 
And that's probably part of my problem - 
 
It doesn't really matter WHAT the number is - 
 
If the tension is good - 
 
And if the top tension gets too tight - 
 
I'll loosen the bobbin tension a little - 
 
And start over - again -
 
Or maybe it's time to change the needle - again - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oh my, that would frustrate me to no end. I hope you get the tension sorted out.

Katie said...

Oh boy. You sound way calmer than I would be, but I suppose you can edit out the frustration. Make sure everything is threaded properly. Seems like a no brainier there, but always good to check the easy stuff first!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I hate tension issues. On my new machine, I have not mastered it yet. It is good in spurts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...