Sunday, May 28, 2023

Quilting again -

 
 
I found some thread that Gracie likes -
 
50 wt - 3 ply - polyester -  
 
BOB told me to check the manual - 
 
And I should have listened to her sooner - LOL - 
 
It's the same type as the Maxilock Serger thread that I've been using - 
 
So my thread breaks could be due to the thread being OLD -  
 
Anyway -
 
I got some NEW thread - 
 
And chose a LIGHT TAN for the top thread - 
 
And BLACK for the bobbin - 
 
Then re-loaded my Imperial Bargello
 
And re-quilted some of the lines that I had previously "un-sewn" - 

 
The top tension is tight enough that the back side doesn't show light pokies -
I'm talking about the row in the middle of the photo - 
 
The row on the right is one of the ones that I'm trying to replace - 
I don't like seeing the yellow pokies on the back - 
But I can't take out all of those rows just yet -
I need some of them to hold the batting in place - 
While I redo the first round - 

 
On the top - 
The row on the left - in the red/gold section - has black pokies from the back -
But you can hardly see them - 
It's the one with the threads looped so you know which one I'm talking about - 

The next row to the right - in the white/gold section - shows the black pokies - 
But I'm hoping that those will come out in the wash -

 
Black pokies on the top should blend in more than light pokies on the back - 
 
I could always use the same color of thread on the top and the bottom - 
 
To hide all of the pokies - 
 
But sometimes that just doesn't work for me -
 
And I can deal with pokies - 
 
Far better than I can deal with thread breaks - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hopefully you will be moving right along with quilting now. I have never tried quilting with old thread on my domestic. So, I don't know if thread breaks would be a problem on a domestic.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I rarely ever use the same color thread on top and bottom. You could tighten your bobbin tension the tiniest little bit. A couple of the famous quilters said they would much rather have the pokies showing a tiny bit on top because the thread sinks into the middle of the quilt eventually. I'm not sure how that works.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I also rarely use the same color of thread top and bottom. Often I don't use the same thread top and bottom. I use Glide on top and DecoBob or Glide 60 on the bottom. Will stop using DecoBob even though I love it because it is made in China. Glide made in USA.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...