Friday, May 26, 2023

Playtime -

 
 
Is a better word for me than WORK - 
 
So that's what I'm going to call it - LOL - 
 
Anyway - 
 
I'm still having tension issues with Gracie (my longarm) - 
 
I had the dealer come out and re-set some things for me - 
And she behaved nicely while he was here - 
But when he left - she started acting up again - 
 
He reset the bobbin and top tensions - 
And now she likes to break the thread - 
 
I think the top tension is too tight - 
But he's been doing it for years - 
And I've been doing it for a few months - 
 
So I don't want to change any of his settings - 
But I need to play to see if I can make her happy - 
 
I tried a bunch of different things - 
One at a time - 
And made notes as I went along - 
 
But my CDO* decided that I had to be more "orderly" about it - 
 
And I found a really cool download - HERE -  
If you click on the link - it's the second one listed - 
The FMQ Troubleshooting Tracker by Quiltsmith - dot - World
 
So I printed a couple of copies - 
 

I think that maybe Gracie doesn't like my thread - 
 
So - for the "official" first round - 
 
I'm going to keep the needle size and all of the settings the same - 

I'm just going to play with various threads - 
 

And I think I'll start with the "sample" pack that came with the machine - 
 
Gracie "should" like those - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 
 
*CDO -
It's like OCD - but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be - ;)) 

3 comments:

Katie said...

That tracker looks cool! Great idea for those of us with CDO, or at least want to be more sciencey about it. I hope you get it figured out.

Gene Black said...

I hope that the tracker helps solve the issue OR that you find a thread Gracie likes.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Sometimes thread breakage is from the eye of the needle having a burr. I don't change my needle with every quilt as some of the longarmers doing custom quilting do but I do change it when I have breakage problems.
Sometimes it is the thread.....so many things to check and try. Good luck on your journey of finding the problem.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...