Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Bright -

 
 
Is putting it mildly - 
 
I did a trial layout of the blocks that I have so far - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold -  
 
 
Then I sewed another set of blocks -

 
I have one more set of blocks to make - 
 
Before I can do the final layout - 
 
But something tells me that it won't matter much -
 
Because I don't think anything -
 
Will tone down all of that RED and YELLOW - 
 
And it's too late now - 
 
Unless I add a sashing between the blocks -
 
And that would destroy- 
 
The whole "Upstairs/Downstairs" thing - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think it is going to look great. The different shadings keep it interesting. Yes it is bright, but it is also going to be lovely.

Katie said...

Bright is okay! I know some folks will tell you otherwise, but this is YOUR quilt and their opinion doesn't matter. I mean, they can have them, but it shouldn't change yours. But as I'm looking at these blocks, I wonder what these fabrics would have looked like if they'd been sorted in a color gradient and sewn as a bargello? I'm not a huge fan of that pattern/design but I bet these colors would look stunning that way too. Too late now and I like this design better!

Sue said...

It looks great! A lovely splash of color for gloomy winter days.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't think it is too bright. It just looks like a garden packed with Marigolds.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Marigolds are very bright flowers and they look terrific.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...