Saturday, August 14, 2021

Brown -

 
 
Seemed like a good choice - 
 
For the next round of Free-Motion quilting - 
 
On my "Basic Math" quilt - 
 
I had already tried some Lazy 8's or Wishbones in one of the other rectangles - 
Using red thread - 
And it doesn't show that much - 


So I chose something simple - 
 
Since there seemed to be no point in doing something fancy - 
 
That wasn't going to show - 
 
Simple lines back and forth for texture - 
 
 
And I decided that - since it is already ditch quilted - 
 
It would be easy enough to skip around to find other brown rectangles - 
 
And stitch those until I ran out of bobbin thread - 

 
When I run out - I have to change the bobbin - 
 
So I can change the top thread color at the same time - 
 
And go on my merry way - 
 

Now I have to think about whether I want to change the designs as I go along -
 
Or just stitch each color in a different design -
 
It might get boring - 
 
But there would be a certain "consistency" throughout the whole quilt - 
 
And that might simplify things a bunch -
 
Since I have 90 blocks - 
 
And don't know THAT many different designs anyway - LOL - ;))
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

5 comments:

Sue said...

I like the red thread on brown and the brown on brown does give it a lovely texture.

Sue said...

Caffeine hasn'tkicked in yet, ...so I need to clarify...the red thread looks good on the brown block. It gives a nice contrast without being in your face.

Barbara said...

It all looks and sounds good to me! 😁

Gene Black said...

Doing all one design on a quilt gets a little tedious to me. However, I find that it looks really nice.
I do love the back and forth lines. I used a lot of straight lines in the last quilt I quilted.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Making consistent textures and some variety in places is a wonderful thing. Having something quilted- even better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...