Thursday, August 12, 2021

Sometimes -

 
 
A shortcut - 
 
Turns out to be the LONG way around - LOL - ;))
 
After warming up on a practice piece - 
 
I jumped right in - 
 
Chose a block - 
 
Did some Free-Motion quilting -
 
And it didn't look too bad - 
 

Until I looked a little closer - 
 
And saw that the tension was wonky - 

So out it came -
 
And the step that I skipped - 
 
Testing the tension on the side of the ACTUAL quilt -

Took up the time I thought I was saving - LOL -



 
Back to another square - 
 
And another red one - 
 
Which helps to hide all my initial wobbles - 


With the red thread - 

All I'll be able to see of my wonky flower and echo quilting  - 

After it's washed - 

Will be the texture -

 
Now I just have to neaten up my stitches - 
 
On the colors where they will show - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

There are times I have wished that I had matched the thread color to the fabric. (haha)

I have learned to check the tension anytime I re-thread or change bobbins. Annoying, but not as annoying as ripping out quilting.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The tension always gets you. That I why I spent an exorbitant sum on a camera under the longarm to see the backing. The quilt could be fine for a long time and the tension goes south. I can catch it soon with the overpriced camera.

Barbara said...

A good lesson! But I may never have to worry since I cant do FMQ. 🤣

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...