Friday, August 13, 2021

More bobbins -

 
 
Are going to be wound - 
 
Because I quilted some red in the blue rectangle - 
Under the red square and brown rectangle in the photo below - 
 
And it looked AWFUL - 
 
So I ripped it out - 
 

I decided to change colors in different areas - 

I want the quilting to "show" but not "SHOW" - 

If you know what I mean - LOL -

And the red SHOWS a little too much on the blue - 

I also decided to use my 100% cotton thread - 

Instead of the polyester cone thread that I used for the ditch quilting - 

I used cotton thread on the last few that I quilted -

And realized that the polyester thread was probably the main cause of my tension problems - 

Besides - I have cotton in LOTS of colors - 

So problem(s) solved - LOL - ;))
 
Today is Friday the 13th - 
 
So I plan to do a couple of "chores" in the morning - 

And then spend the afternoon SEWINGGGGGGGGGG -
 
Crossing my fingers that all goes well -
 
And that Murphy leave me alone - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I don't suffer from triskaidekaphobia, so I never worry about Friday the 13th.

Changing thread that many times will slow you down for sure. Be sure to watch the tension.

Barbara said...

Nothing slows you down, Kitty! I wait until the bobbin runs out and continues to go through the motions of sewing for a couple feet before I notice. Now that really slows me down!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I didn't notice it was Friday the 13th, my thought when I saw it was the 13th is the month is almost half over so I'd better get busy!

I like matching thread better too if possible and cotton thread is a good match with cotton fabric. Sometimes polyester is a little too shiny.

Sue said...

Those are lovely fabrics. The threads will blend in really nicely, too. I'm like Barbara. I've got sewing with no bobbin thread down to a fine art. Lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...