Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Borders -

 
 
The first border - 
 
Of my Harmonic Convergence -
 
Has been Free-Motion quilted with "Lazy 8s" -
 
Or "Wishbones" - depending on your preference -
 
 
They don't show up that well on some of the fabrics - 
 
Which is probably a good thing - LOL - 

 
But they do show up on the darker fabric - 

 
So when I quilted the second border area in spirals - 
 
I only took the one photo - 
 
So you could see the design - 


 
Tomorrow I'll decide what I want to quilt in the next border area - 

I think it will be something "vertical" - 

As opposed to something running "left to right" -

Because I want to turn the quilt - 

So that the bulk of it is in my lap - 

And not smashed up against the wall behind my machine - 

It should be easier to quilt that way - 
 
At least I hope so -
 
And I think that it might look funny - 

If the next design goes in the "other" direction -
 
Compared to the spirals - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


5 comments:

Gene Black said...

The lazy 8s and spirals are looking good. I hope you find a good design to use in those vertical borders.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I love how it is going! Do you know that you can flatten the lazy eight loops and make the top parallel with the edge in the same motion and rhythm? The advantage of what you quilted, is when it is washed, it makes the best crinkle kind of texture in the quilt.

Barbara said...

I love the quilting loops on the darker fabric. Looking good!

Sue said...

Those lazy eights and swirls look fab. Love the yellow.

Jeanna said...

Very nice. I enjoy reading about your process, even though I doubt I'll ever be able to quilt anything larger than a table runner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...