Sunday, April 3, 2022

Ditched -

 
 
My Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version
 
Is ditch quilted - 
 
Finally!! - 
 
 
I laid it out on the kitchen island - 
 
To check that I hadn't missed any seams - 
 
And I hadn't -  

I didn't stitch "every stinkin' seam" - 

I only stitched the major seams between the "units" - 
 
And added a large basting stitch along the perimeter - 
 
To stabilize it for Free-Motion quilting -  

That should hold it well enough - 
 
To keep it from coming apart as I handle it -

 
Then I took the "pin moors" - 
 
That I had removed - 
 
And added them to my Harmonic Convergence quilt - 

 
And I chose the thread color for the ditch quilting - 
 
A "blue-jean gold" that should blend in with the orange batiks - 
 
And show up nicely on the blue/turquoise and darker ones - 
 
 
Then I have some smaller "panels" that I want to Free-Motion quilt - 
 
And one larger project to "quilt as you go" - 
 
I REALLY want to catch up on some of these oldies - 
 
I figure if I can get a stack ready to quilt - 
 
Then I won't have any excuse to not do them - LOL - ;))
 
 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yay!!! I am happy for you. When you get the stack ready to FMQ, I am sure you will be happy to quilt them.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like a good plan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...