Thursday, April 28, 2022

The third row -

 
 
Of the border - 
 
Of my Harmonic Convergence -
 
Has been Free-Motion quilted with lines going back and forth -
 
 
I was going along just fine - 

 
Until I realized that something was wrong - 
 
I had the excess border fabric folded over - 
 
And caught in the stitching - 

 
So I had to "un-sew" that part - 
 
And then I continued on - 

 
The corners were tricky - 
 
But I did the best I could - 

 
Like I said - 
 
It won't be entered in a contest - 
 
Or win any prizes - 
 
But the texture should be nice - 
 
When it gets all done and washed - 
 
Tomorrow I'll fill in the last little bit - 
 
Between the last row and the edges - 
 
Then it will be ready for binding - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oh no! I hate it when I am cruising along with my quilting and suddenly find that some part has gotten folded in. Mine is usually the backing.

I think the way you did that corner looks great. If the others are the same, then it will look planned.

Katie said...

The corners look great to me! And I have a friend who sewed am entire block from another quilt to the back of the quilt she was quilting and didn't even realize it until she went to finish the other quilt and couldn't find the block for three days! So, you're ahead by a lot there! (But I have also caught the back edge and sewn it in...I think we all have?!)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I hate when the fabric gets folded in like that. It doesn't happen much on a longarm, but sometimes there are nasty pleats. You are almost done.

Sue said...

The corner is a feature that joins the two sides. We all have fabric fold in like that. It's easy to do when we're concentrating on the quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...