Friday, April 8, 2022

Decisions -

 
 
About what to do next - 
 
On my Harmonic Convergence
 
Let this one "marinate" a while - 
 
The areas between the ditch quilting lines range between less than 1/2" and 6-7" - 
 
The smaller areas don't need additional quilting -
 
But the larger ones do - 
 


 
I thought about just adding more "grid lines" with my walking foot  - 
 
So that any FMQ doesn't look "splotchy" - 
 
But hadn't decided yet - 
 
I like practicing my FMQ on busy fabrics - 
 
Because I know it won't show -
 
And some of my lap quilts are perfect for practice - 
 
If mine is going to show -
 
I like the "rule of three" -
 
Three different designs used consistently throughout - 
 
That's what I plan to do on my "Bee Happy" - ;)) 
 
Then the more I looked at it -
 
The more I thought that grid lines would be the way to go - 
 
I think it would look funny with the center all grid and the borders all swirly - 
 
I think I'll add grid lines to the center - 
 
And keep going out into the borders - 
 
But before I do that -
 
I want to stitch some grid lines in the borders - 
 
So I can undo the pin moors - 
 
They get in my way - LOL - ;))

And I couldn't help myself - 
 
I pulled out another layer cake to play with - 
 
It's Island Batik - Enchanted Forest
 

 
I think I'll make another Basic Math
A free pattern from Moda - 
 
The layout makes more sense to me - 
 
If I color in the different blocks - 

 
The 4-patches are the RED "D" blocks - 
I always place them first -  6 down and 5 across - off center -
 
The Horizontal "rails" are the BLUE "B" blocks - 
 
The Vertical "rails" are the GRAY "C" blocks -
Those two alternate across the rows around the 4-patches -
Leaving spaces in the corners - so it's not so matchy-matchy -  
 
And the plain ones are the SOLID "A" blocks -
They fill in the other spaces and the outer rows/columns - 
 
So tomorrow I plan to cut the pieces for this - 
 
And stitch some more grid lines on my Harmonic Convergence - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go- gotta sew - 
 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha, I knew you would have a hard time just quilting and not piecing! Now here you are starting another top to go in the "to be quilted" group.

I like the idea of grid lines on the Convergence, but you could do FMQ in the widest strips just for fun. I think it would still look fine. Often on placemats and notebook covers, I use both in combination.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Take a look at Christina Cameli's blog https://www.afewscraps.com/p/all-over-quilting-designs.html She has some easy designs that don't matter if they are all consistent or line up. And are fun to do. I have a couple of her Craftsy classes. I think the grid piecing does not have to be repeated in the quilting.

Katie said...

I vote to mix it up, but I'm not the one who actually has to do the work, so my vote probably doesn't count for much. I like the new pattern, but boy does that look like it has a lot of room for errors! (Just like real math?!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...