Thursday, April 7, 2022

Ditched -

 
 
The center portion of - 
 
My Harmonic Convergence
 
Is ditch quilted - 

 
I got carried away and stitched in the ditch - 
 
Of "every stinkin' seam" - LOL - 
 
Which may or may not interfere with my Free-Motion quilting - 
 
But I don't think it will be a problem - ;))
 
I haven't decided what I want to do in the borders - 
 
So I didn't stitch any "base lines" there just yet -  

Maybe I'll Free-Motion quilt those first -

Since the center is already stabilized - ;))

Katie mentioned that my quilt seems large - 

I told her that the book suggests using squares about 14" -
 
I make mine much larger - 22" -
 
So mine are quite a bit bigger than most -
 
It also makes them a more usable size for me - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha, I would likely have only ditched one side of those skinny strips. But it shouldn't interfere with your FMQ.
I look forward to seeing your progress.

Jeanna said...

Bigger is better...as they say somewhere (maybe Texas) LOL

Katie said...

A friend who is a longarmer for others often ditches most everything before digging into the FMQ portion and she seems to be going gangbusters (looking at adding a second machine!), so if she can do it, I know you can, even if the machines are different. I'm excited to see else you put in this one...

Barbara said...

I agree with Jeanna, bigger is better. I’m wishing I had made my last quilt bigger! I love this quilt Kitty, in spite of some orange. 😂

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the bigger size. Ditch quilting will stabilize for the FMQ, it will be fine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...