Saturday, January 28, 2023

Gray -

 
 
Was next on the Noah's Ark baby quilt panel - 
 
So I started with the elephant on the left side - 
 
 
Then the zebra head in the middle - 
 
 
And the one on the right side - 
 
 
Then the elephant on the right side - 
 
 
Nothing fancy - 
 
Just outlining and echoing from the outside edge to the center - 
 

Then I rolled it up a bit to get to the hippo -

I thought the light GRAY area might be a good place to try something special - 
 
Because - if I messed up - it wouldn't be seen - 
 
But then I couldn't see what I was doing - 
 
So I said "never mind" and did some meandering lines - 
 
 
Then I outlined the clamshells in GRAY - 
 
And I'm getting better!! -
 
The first section that I did the other day in BROWN was messy - 
 
 
And the GREEN was a little better - 
 
 
There are still some wobbles - 
 
But the GRAY is MUCH better - 
 
I tried to slow down and "look ahead" -
 
And found that it was actually easier to do "one-handed" -

 
Tomorrow I'll change to a GOLD/YELLOW thread - 

And try to finish the rest of this panel - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

This has worked quite well. I really thought you would get frustrated with it. Having to roll it back for each color seemed just too fussy, but apparently it works well for you.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Slow down and look ahead is great advice. It helps me all the time.

Jeanna said...

Great progress...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...