Monday, January 30, 2023

Quilted -

 
 
The Noah's Ark baby quilt panel is officially quilted - 
 
 
I finished up the GOLD/YELLOW in the Ark - 

 
And the lions - 


 
And the giraffes -


 
And the top corners - 



So I need to un-baste the zippers - 

And trim it - 

And make some binding - 
 
I think I'll find some fabric to make another backing for it -

Right now it has a muslin backing - 

And all of the colored stitching shows - 
 

The lighting in these photos is not the best - 
 
But you get the idea - 


Anyway - I could hide all of that stitching - 
 
With another backing - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

If this quilt is for Echo or Buja, do you really need to cover that thread?

The front looks great. And the best part is that you KNOW your skill is improving.

Barbara said...

This is an achievement, just delightful. My thought is like Gene’s, I like the threaded backing as is. 🙃

Jeanna said...

Maybe leave the quilting exposed like it is so that you can look back on it to see how you progress? Good job, on to the next :)

Katie said...

I like all the threads exposed, too. And if you cover it, won't it need MORE quilting to hold it in place?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...