Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Playtime -

 
 
This month is usually full of year-end "chores" - 
 
And I want to do some sorting and organizing around my Studio -
 
Update my Scrapbook - 
 
Make some Scrap Cards and Hearts to get caught up on them - 
 
Finish up some bindings and labels - 
 
And other odds and ends - 
 
SO - 
 
Just for fun - 
 
I have some PLAYTIME planned - 
 
For those times when I need to take a break - 
 
I found this printed panel in my stash - 
 
It's called Opal KaBloom
 
And it has a 24" flower on the one side - 
 
 
And two smaller flowers on the other side - 
 
Along with two small squares in the middle - 


The shadows in the photo are fold lines and the frame rails -
Since it's spread out on the insert tables -  
And hasn't been pressed yet -
 
The BLUE on the right will be for the backing - 
But I'll have to piece an "extender" strip to make it wider - 
Since the panel is 44" wide - the same as the backing - 
 
I'll probably start with the small squares and the white/beige flower - 
 
Then quilt the medium-sized flower - 
 
And work my way up to the larger one - 
 
I want to practice smaller - more precise - designs -  

And I want to play with different colors and types of thread -

This will probably be a month-long project - 

Since I'll play with it in between other stuff - 
 
As time allows - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

That is a pretty panel. I think it will look great all quilted.

Sue said...

It will look fab quilted!

Jeanna said...

Sounds like you have a good plan of mixing chores with some fun. I love the flowers in your panel. Enjoy the quilting! And...Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...