Saturday, February 11, 2023

Basted -

 
 
The Opal KaBloom panel PINK flower is basted - 
 
First I chose some thread colors -
 
 
Then - using the EGGSHELL - the middle one above - 
 
I did a tension test in the top left corner - 
 
 
So I could unzip that corner to see the "bottom" - 
 
And it looked OK to me - 

 
But the real test would be what it looked like - 
 
With a colored top thread- 
 
And the EGGSHELL bobbin thread - 

 
And that looked OK, too - 

 
So I proceeded to outline the petals at the top of the panel - 
 
Using the EGGSHELL thread in the top and bobbin - 

 
Rolled it up on the back rail - 
 
And outlined the middle petals - 

 
And then rolled it again - 
 
And outlined the lower ones - 

 
I think outlining the petals - 
 
Will serve the same purpose as "basting" - 
 
And I don't have to remove the stitches -
 
 
So tomorrow I can start with the YELLOW part in the center -  
 
And work  my way out to the outer petals - 
 
 
After I figure out why my thread keeps breaking - 
 
I cleaned the machine - and removed the lint - 
 
I changed the needle - 
 
And I checked the bobbin - 
 
And re-threaded the machine - 
 
So - any suggestions as to what ELSE I should do? - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Haha now you need to check the tension again. “Alway recheck the tension after rethreading”

Looking good!

Katie said...

Is your sandwich too tight? If mine is too tight, I get a lot of thread breaks. Just a little less and it's beautiful. Amazing how picky these machines can be!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If you are sure your threading is ok it might just be that spool of thread. Occasionally there is a spool that just causes problems

Jeanna said...

I like your idea of letting the outline serve as the basting as well. Very efficient.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...