Saturday, February 25, 2023

Mail call -

 
 
Today I got some squishy mail - 
 
And couldn't wait to open it - 
 
Inside were four 20-strip jelly rolls - 
Marigold - HERE
 
 
They were on sale and I couldn't resist - 
 
I think that they will make a beautiful Upstairs/Downstairs quilt top -
 
And the rolls are already "shaded" for me -   

I LOVE it when that happens -

 
I need two rolls for the first four "sets" of identical blocks - 

 
And these rolls were SUPER SIMPLE to sort - 
 
 
I peeled them right off the roll and made four piles - 
Starting with the darker ones ones on the bottom - 
 
1234-1234-1234-1234-1234 -

Four piles with 5 strips in each pile -
Each pile will be sewn into one strata - 
Which will make three identical blocks - 
 
Then I split the second roll the same way - 
To give me two matching strata - 
For six identical blocks - 
 
So - the first two rolls will make four "sets" of six identical blocks -

 
The last two rolls were split a little differently -
For variety - to give me another four "sets" of six identical blocks -
 
1234-2341-3412-4123-1234 - 
 
Then I changed up the last 1234 to 2341 -
To mix it up a little more - 

 
Then I folded the eight "sets" and put them on a cookie sheet - 
To be sewn into strata later - 
 
 
These eight "sets" will give me 48 blocks - 
Set 6 x 8 - 
For a top approximately - 60" x 80" - 
 
It's been a while since I did any piecing -
 
So I think this will be nice for a "change" - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Those are pretty. I am sure they will make a lovely upstairs downstairs quilt top.

Jeanna said...

Whoa! That new pack of fabric went right to work when it arrived. These fabrics will make a pretty quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...