Friday, February 24, 2023

Loaded -

 
 
First the backing for my RED Squirrel
If it looks a bit "light" to you - 
It's because I have to load it with the WRONG side up - 
 
 
Then I loaded and basted the batting and the quilt top - 


I changed the thread to RED - 

And changed from the open-toe foot to the ruler foot - 
In case I want/need to use it - 

Tomorrow I'll test the tension - 
 
I want to do something "curvy" in the "flowers" - 
 
And some lines in the "background" strips - 
 
I need to decide if I want to try to use the channel locks - 
To give me nice straight lines - 
That would also show any and all of my "crooked" seams - 
 
Or use a ruler to stitch straight lines - 
The ruler would help me "fudge" the lines if needed -  
 
Or go with some wavy lines instead -
Free-hand - no channel locks or rulers -  
They would be more "organic" - 

What do you think? -
 
Should I try the channel locks? - 
 
Or a ruler? -
 
Or simply stitch some free-hand wavy lines? - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am all for the wavy lines rather than straight lines. The bargello already has enough straight lines (my opinion, lol.)

Yes, it is good to put the WRONG side of the fabric against the batting. LOL - why would I know that? I ALMOST basted one with the backing face against the batting.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Organic long wavy lines would be nice I think.

Linda Swanekamp said...

With such an organic large shape in the quilt design, I think organic lines would go well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...