Saturday, August 26, 2023

Extra strips -

 
 
I thought I needed two extra strips - 
 
For my Northern Woods Bargello
 
Two sets of twenty strips will make one strata -
 
And if I added one more strip to each one -
 
I'd have an "odd" number of strips - 
 
Which would make it easier to press them - 

So I "raided" a pack of batik strips - 

Thinking I had two of each - 
 
And that it would be easy to find a couple that would work - 
 
Turned out that they were all "singles" - 
 
So I found two that are rust/green with leaves - 
 
The top two in the photo below - 
 


 
They are not identical - 
 
But I think they are close enough - 
 
And by the time I cut them into "slivers" - 
 
Hopefully it won't be that noticeable -
 
That they aren't the same print - 
 
===
 
That was what I planned to post today - 
 
BUT THEN -
 
I thought I would double-check just to make sure - 
 
And I found THIS POST
 
Where I was pressing my Imperial Bargello
 
And - it turns out that I was WRONG - 
 
I need an EVEN number of rows - 
 
Because I pressed the odd-numbered rows up -

And the even-numbered rows down -

So that they would nest nicely when I cut the strata -

And shifted the rows up or down a notch -
 

 
 
So - all of that "raiding" was for nothing - 
 
And I can sew the sets into the two strata -  

WITHOUT any extra strips -
 
Now I have to go back and edit my previous post - 
 
To correct my mistake -
 
Oops!! - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Whew, at least you didn't get them sewn on and pressed before you discovered the error. But then it would only make the quilt larger and change the design slightly, I think.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I obviously didn't have my thinking cap on when I read your post yesterday or I could have caught your error. I'm glad you caught it in time.

Jeanna said...

Good thing you caught that and went back to your previous post. Better to have used the extra time to pull fabrics than to have sewn them, only to rip them apart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...