Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Not much -

 
 
On the quilting front today - 
 
All I did was remove the zipper from the top - 
 
Of my Karma Churn Dash - 52" x 65 " - 2020 -
 

I haven't removed the bottom zipper yet - 

Because I think I can use the rest of this backing - 

For my Batik Bento Boxes - Glowing Embers - 48" x 60" - 2020 - 
 

Or my Upstairs/Downstairs - Hear Wave - 50" x 60" - 2020 - 
 
 
If I add a left over strip of another backing to the top of it - 

I'll know for sure - 

After I trim this quilt -

And I see how much "extra" I need to get it up to size -
 
Then all I have to do is add the strip - 
 
And baste a zipper to the top of the new strip -
 
Since the bottom zipper is already there - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I was wondering how you would do that with it still on the frame. Then I realized that you can just zip it off to sew on the other piece.

Katie said...

You've got that zipper system down to a science! I always thought they'd be a pain, but after seeing how you manage them, I'm thinking again. Not enough to switch from my red snappers, but still.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like an efficient process to me. It's fun to see you finishing up a bunch of quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...