Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Two Question Tuesday - 5/10/11

Two Question Tuesday - 5/10/11

Here's the deal -  I really liked Mama M.'s Five Question Friday - but that's just too many questions for me.  So I'm going to do my version - and without the linky thingy.

I'll ask two questions and then give you my answers.  If you want to play - you can give me your answers in the comment section.  If you have a blog and would rather answer them there - just leave a link to your blog instead.  I don't know how to do the "Linky" thing like Mama M. yet - and to be honest - I would rather sew than find out - so I'll do it this way until I figure it out.
==========

OK - the inspiration for the questions today comes from reading a bunch of blogs over the weekend.  They were all blogs written by quilters - and they covered a wide range of subjects - including quilting - cross-stitch - embroidery - knitting - crochet - cooking/recipes - family - travel - and history.  The first question is pretty general - as you will see.  However - the second question was inspired by a visit to Bonnie Hunter's blog  here.  She had a wonderful photo tour of Christ Church, Philadelphia ((And Betsy Ross too!)) - and she asked a question about what she had found.  The reader comments/responses got me to thinking.

So here goes -

Two questions for you this Tuesday -

1.  Do you like quilt blogs that only talk about quilting?

2.  Do you know your Roman numerals or do you have to look online for a chart?

==========

1.  Do you like quilt blogs that only talk about quilting?
Yes - actually I do - sometimes.  I like reading about a quilter's project of the day/week/month.  But I also like to read about the other things that interest the blog author.  If their interests match mine - I will probably continue to read their blog.

2.  Do you know your Roman numerals or do you have to look online for a chart?
Yes - I do know my Roman numerals.  And my multiplication tables.  (Still get messed up with 6x7 - 7x8 - though.)  I am a baby boomer.  I know this stuff.

==========

OK - your turn.

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


P.S.  BOB's answers are here.

4 comments:

Rose said...

1) Yes, I do like to hear about what the quilters are working on.
I live vicariously through others.

2) When you are LXVIII, you know your Roman Numerals. However, you might not remember what happened yesterday.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Rose - that's just the sort of answer BOB would give. She's over LX herself. ^..^

Katie M. said...

#1 - I enjoy a variety of crafts and know many quilters do other crafts so I do enjoy reading about those other crafts on blogs rather than just quilt related stuff.
#2 - Yes I know roman numerals - but prefer to not have to think about them when I see them :-)

Judee said...

1) Yes, I like all facets of quilting, not just the finished project. Personal stories are OK aslong as they aren't depressing.
2) I am a baby boomer too so I knew right away what the Roman numerals were. Some things have been drilled into us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...