Thursday, May 19, 2011

LHQ - Sewing Room #2

LHQ – SEWING ROOM #2

FROM BEHIND CUTTING TABLE
Back side of the cutting table - you can see the other door and the drawer that holds my rulers - the 10-drawer unit holds finished blocks and the squares I cut from my scraps.  I just push the cutting table around if I want more room.



DESIGN WALL AND IRONING BOARD
Design Wall - a piece of felt thumb-tacked to the back-side of the angled/wonky wall.  It's empty in the photo because I was "between" projects.  I'm left-handed so I put the pointy end of the ironing board on the left to hold the iron - I move the whole thing to the other side of the room when I'm playing around with block layouts.  Sometimes when the window is open, a nice breeze will blow the blocks off the wall - that's always fun!







Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wait...so if I use my ironing board that way, I'm using it left-handed? I KNEW I did more in lefty than tying my shoes!

Your sewing room looks so tidy...are you sure you're a quilter? Mine hasn't looked that tidy since the day I moved in and I'm doubting it looked that good even then!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Katie -

Not necessarily. I don't know if pointing the ironing board that way is left or right-handed. If you iron shirts - it's probably right-handed - so you can get to the narrow parts of the shirt. But since I don't DO shirts - I use the pointy end for my iron.

So - righties - how do you set up your iron and ironing board? Katie and I are curious.

And these photos were taken when I had cleaned up and was "between" projects. You should see it when I'm in the "middle" of one!!

^..^

Rose said...

Well, where else would the pointy end of the ironing board go?

Katie M. said...

I put the pointy end of my ironing board to the left, too - and I'm right handed. Katie M.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Katie M. -

Thanks, Katie. I think that if I actually "used" the pointy end - for anything other than an "iron holder" - I would put it to the right.

^..^

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...