Saturday, August 20, 2011

Scrappy Saturday - 8/20/11

Scrappy Saturday - 8/20/11


On Monday I showed you some fat quarters that I had pressed 
and I told you that I SAVE the THREAD BITS that I cut off the edges -  


YES – I SAVE THREAD BITS!!

Some of you have asked me what I did with them –

I USE THEM!!

I can’t really explain in any detail –

Or show you the steps –

Because I don’t want to violate any copyright thingies –

But –

I can tell you this -

First – I dug out one of my books –
I have hundreds of books –
I love books –

The book I dug out was - 
Fast, Fun & Easy ® Incredible Thread-A-Bowls” by Wendy Hill –
C&T Publishing – © 2005 - also available here .


Then I gathered my baggie of THREAD BITS - 
And some “stuff” –
I have tons of “stuff” –
I love “stuff” -
Almost as much as I love books - 


And then I made this – 
TA DAH!!



Cool, huh?

How’s that for USING THREAD BITS!!

And you throw yours away??  ;((



Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –

3 comments:

Sue said...

lol I think crafters all have a lot of "stuff". It comes in handy, though....especially when we are struck by inspiration five minutes after the shops close! Then we dive into our "stuff" and find what we want.....usually. lol

Katie M. said...

what a great use of threads! Now, if you send me your address - sorry I lost it :-( I'll send you a bunch of colorful shiny threads from my embroidery. I have tubs of those threads and would love to share ;-)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great idea for using the threads!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...