Monday, August 1, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 8/01/11

Design Wall Monday - 8/01/11

LEFT-HANDED QUILTING - Working with Fabric "Tubes" - Part 2

============
Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============

Last week

I was playing with Bonnie Hunter's pattern - Scrappy Trip Around the World -  

I had two scrappy blocks done - 


Saturday - I was going to show you my progress –
But I had too many photos – and didn’t have them all edited in time –
So I showed you the Jelly Roll Race Quilt I made instead.  What a cutie!
I like that pattern – and will DEFINITELY make another one – or two – or three!

So anyway – I gathered up the strips for another six blocks -


And sewed up the sets -


After the sets were sewn - I pressed them - and made the tubes -

Then - to cut the segments - this time -
I dug out my June Tailor – Short-Cut ™ – 12 x 12 -


In no time at all –
I had all six strip sets cut up into segments -


I laid out the segments for Block #3 - 
and staggered them before I "unstitched" them -


Block #3 – all sewn up -


Four blocks made -


And then five –


And – before I knew it –
I had nine blocks –
(And yes - I did have to scrounge up another six strips for the ninth block.)


Now I think I want/need 16 -
So I want/need to make 7 more blocks –
No problem -
I do them assembly-line –
And – it’s FUN!

Here are the strips laid out for Block #14


First – because I’m a Flippin’ Lefty! -
I FLIP #2 over on top of #1 -
FLIP #4 over on top of #3 -
FLIP #6 over on top of #5 -


Then - stack #5/6 on top of #3/4 -


And then #5/6-3/4 on top of #1/2 -


I lay all the strips across my knee –
And run #5/6 through first -


Then #3/4 -


Then #1/2 -



Clip them apart -
#1/2 and #3/4 go on my left knee -


#5/6 goes on my right knee -


Sew #1/2 and #3/4 together -


Add #5/6 -


All done -


Add it to four of its friends -


And two more to go -


Should have those done by next week –

Unless – of course –

Something else strikes my fancy in the meantime …;))



Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –

3 comments:

Chris said...

Amazing what beauty can come out of a few strips :)

carol fun said...

Oh those Bonnie Hunter patterns are always so much fun - this is going to be a great quilt!

Katie M. said...

I have downloaded several of Bonnie's patterns and have yet to use them - too much I want to do, and not enough time to do them! I will look forward to seeing the finished quilt- it's looking very promising at this point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...