Sunday, July 31, 2011

QJ - HIBISCUS - PILLOWTOP - RED ON WHITE

QUILT JOURNAL – HIBISCUS – PILLOWTOP – RED ON WHITE

Hand Appliqued
Hand Quilted
16” x 16”
Started – 1979
Applique Cut – 1979
Applique Thread Basted – 1979
Hand Appliqued – Needle-turn – 1979
Hand Quilted - 1979
Binding on - 5/20/11
Scrap Card – Not Available
Scrap Heart – Not Available

Pattern – Hibiscus by EA of Hawaii


This was my first attempt at Hawaiian Applique.

I had originally intended to make a pillow – but after all of these years – I thought it might better serve as an example and reminder to me as to how far I have come in my hand-applique skills.

051611 – Design Wall Monday –
Needs more quilting – I’ll do that by machine – try out my sewing machine’s “hand” look quilting stitch.
Needs binding – I’ll bind it and use it as a sample for my series on binding quilts.

052311 – Design Wall Monday –
Almost DONE
I decided against doing any more quilting and bound it with pre-packaged pre-folded red quilt binding.

Then I used some twill tape - some small brass safety pins - and a chopstick - to hang it.
It still needs a label.  (No heart or scrapcard on this one - rats!)

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

1979???? You do hold on to things awhile :-) I really like the way you attach a hanger to the back without making it 'permanent'. Nice block BTW!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a great idea for hanging something! Thanks so much for letting me know. Beautiful block too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...