Sunday, July 10, 2011

QJ - BIG & BOLD - TWILIGHT FROST

QUILT JOURNAL
BIG & BOLD – TWILIGHT FROST

Machine Pieced
Machine Quilted by M
51" x 68"
Started - January 12, 2010
Top Completed – January 31, 2010
To M for Quilting – February 2, 2010

Pattern – Connecting Thread Kit
Cozy Quilt Designs –
Design by Daniela Stout

Quilt Pattern – Winding Plumes

This was a very cool pattern that I wanted to try – fat quarters – big blocks – very quick and easy.  The pattern called for a border – to make it 58” x 75” – but I liked the look without the borders – so I eliminated them – that saved even more time!




Grandson #2 really liked the darker colors when I showed him the finished quilt.  I decided to use the pattern again – only next time I would make the twin size – and in Black – White – and Red.  I also decided that I would make FIVE of them – one for each kid.  There is something about the Black/White/Red combination that all teen-agers like.  That’s gonna be a fun project!

5 comments:

Katie M. said...

I really like this - simple but interesting at the same time. And, I agree, I don't think I'd have put a border on either - some quilts simply don't need them. I wonder how this would look scrappy? I have a bin of FQs that might find a way into something like this. Have a good Sunday!

Judee said...

Love those big blocks. Lucky grandsons.

Rose said...

Beautiful quilt!

Kim said...

Hi,

Love this!! Can you share the pattern?? How did the red ones turn out?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Kim! The pattern was included in a kit I bought from Connecting Threads - called "Big & Bold - Twilight Frost". It was a featured kit from their "Twilight Frost" collection and is no longer available. It was designed by Cozy Quilt designs - by Daniela Stout. If you "search" my blog for B/W/R - you should get a list of the posts with the red ones - ;))

Pattern – Connecting Thread Kit
Cozy Quilt Designs –
Design by Daniela Stout

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...