Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Two Question Tuesday - 7/19/11

Two Question Tuesday – 7/19/11

Here's the deal - I really liked Mama M.'s Five Question Friday - but that's just too many questions for me.  So I'm going to do my version - and without the linky thingy.

I'll ask two questions and then give you my answers.  If you want to play - you can give me your answers in the comment section.  If you have a blog and would rather answer them there - just leave a link to your blog instead.  I don't know how to do the "Linky" thing like Mama M. yet - and to be honest - I would rather sew than find out - so I'll do it this way until I figure it out.
==========

Two questions for you this Tuesday -

1.  Decaf or regular?

2.  What is your favorite quilting "rule"?


==========

1.  Decaf or regular?

REGULAR - what a stupid question!
I like the LEADED stuff - one of my mugs has a variation of the cold medicine rhyme -
Coffee:  the "nine to five keep me awake calm my nerves perk me up so I can work" medicine.  It sits on my desk along with the one that says TAKE A NUMBER - 4,768 - NOW SERVING - 9.  Story of my life.

2.  What is your favorite quilting "rule"?

Rule #1 - Don't Forget that YOU ARE LEFT-HANDED!

Every time I forget this "rule" - I usually get into some sort of trouble that I could have easily avoided if I had remembered.  If I had flipped something - reversed something - compensated somehow for being left-handed - my life could have been so much easier.  The quilt or quilt block could have gone together much more easily.  And I probably wouldn't have cussed as much.  Maybe.

==========

OK - your turn.

If you have a "rule" that you would like added to my list - let me know.
I recently added Sue's rule for quilt shops - check it out.



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

3 comments:

Sue said...

Regular. A skinny decaf? I'd rather drink a glass of water. lol One of my fave places to visit for coffee is... http://milkd.com.au/

My favourite rule (for the next five minutes at least) is....Even when I'm wrong I'm right.

Katie M. said...

#1 - I start my day with regular. If I want coffee in the evening, I'll have decaf.
#2 - Rule #4 - "Don't be afraid to annoy the quilt police" - I find that those who think there certain ways to do something (the police) usually don't have a clue how to do squat!

Rose said...

1) No decaf for me. Three regular in the morning and then that is it for the day

2) Measure twice and cut once. I tend to want everything done yesterday,so sometimes I can get really hurty-gurty. There have been days when I measured multiple times and it still came out wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...