Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two Question Tuesday - 8/9/11

Two Question Tuesday – 8/9/11

Here's the deal - I really liked Mama M.'s Five Question Friday - but that's just too many questions for me.  So I'm going to do my version - and without the linky thingy.

I'll ask two questions and then give you my answers.  If you want to play - you can give me your answers in the comment section.  If you have a blog and would rather answer them there - just leave a link to your blog instead. I don't know how to do the "Linky" thing like Mama M. yet - and to be honest - I would rather sew than find out - so I'll do it this way until I figure it out.
==========

Two questions for you this Tuesday -

1.  What is the FIRST thing you remember sewing?

2.  Did you know that Saturday – August 13 – is International Left-Handers Day?

==========

1.  What is the FIRST thing you remember sewing?
The FIRST think I remember sewing was a pink tablecloth and set of four napkins in 7th Grade – Home Ec Class.  I did a Quilt Journal post about it on Sunday – here - check it out.


2.  Did you know that Saturday – August 13 – is International Left-Handers Day?
Yup.  (These answers are easy when it’s you who makes up the questions!  ;))

In fact – I said last Saturday – here - that I thought that we should have our very own –

First Annual International LEFT-HANDED Quilters Anonymous Online Quilt Show.

Say that three times fast!

And I told you all about it again yesterday – here.  Go check it out - and let me know what you think.

You guys can write up your post for the quilt show while I try to figure out how we can all link up.


Should be fun.

Oh – and it’s going to be my 150th post –


and also because I probably have to bribe you guys to participate – 

I MAY even do a giveaway – 

forgot to tell you about that!

MAYBE a “secret” door prize for “signing in” on Saturday!

The prize is a “secret” – but I give away good stuff - just ask Rose or KatieM!!

Or MAYBE NOT – you’ll just have to wait and see!

==========

OK - your turn.



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

2 comments:

Katie said...

#1 - The first thing I sewed was a pillow in Home Ec in 7th grade, but if we're being honest here, I don't remember sewing it. (Maybe it was so horrible I'm blocking it out?) The first thing I remember sewing was a quilt...my parents bought me a sewing machine for my college graduation and there was a quilt on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting that I loved, so I raided my mom's stash and worked on it the three months I had after graduation before my lease was up - after work, of course. (Since then I've decided I don't like the quilt, so I gave the top to my mom!)

#2 - Yep. You've been talking about it for a while now. :) Kinda makes me wish I was a lefty!

Paula said...

The first thing I can remember sewing was in Home Ec, and it was a bag, and i did not know that it was national lefty day..

I am new to the sewing/quilting blog land, and am organizing a Christmas fabric swap, and was wondering if you would be interested in joining in on the fun, if so you can read about it here at, Paula's Crafty Boutique.
Happy quilting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...