Saturday, August 27, 2011

Scrappy Saturday - 8/27/11

Scrappy Saturday - 8/27/11


Still don't have much sewing mojo - 

Been working on my book(s) - 

So I thought I would play with my fabric today -

That usually works - 

So I pulled out a bunch of 10" square packs - 

I don't usually pre-wash them - 

But I pre-washed these last night just for fun - 

(I just corrected a typo - you wouldn't believe what I just typed instead of "pre"!!  ;))

in lingerie bags -  so they wouldn't ravel too much - 

and got this - 

Now I get to sit and untangle them - 

and press them - 

and fold them - 

and fondle them - 

I'll let you know later if it worked - 


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

3 comments:

Judee said...

Thanks for the warning. I don't prewash quilt shop quality fabric.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Warning? What warning? That it gets a bit tangled? That's nothing I can't sort out - and have fun with - sorting - trimming - pressing - folding - and fondling. I usually pre-wash EVERYTHING - except pre-cut 5" charms and pre-cut 2-1/2" strips. (And I'm thinking that I may soon start soaking them in a tub of warm water.) I figure that If it's going to shrink - I want it shrunk BEFORE I cut it. And "quilt shop quality fabric" DOES shrink. Besides - the thread bits make cute bowls... And I LOVE playing with my fabric!!
^..^

Sue said...

Fondling fabric is always good.....In fact, I may go do a bit of that now inbetween giving my laptop an internal spruce up and rinsing dyed yarn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...