Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A little prep -


Is about all I got done today -

With Monday comes another week's worth of chores to do -

So as long as I had my dies out -

I decided to cut some paper "guides" for my KITE STRING blocks and my "Crumb" blocks -


The KITE STRING blocks could always be sewn "string-to-string" and then die cut - but I think it might be easier if I sew the strings to a paper guide - since I have such a WIDE variety of strings and bits and pieces - I can tell at a glance if a scrap is long enough to be used -

For my "Crumb" blocks - I have a LOT of partial blocks and don't really want to sew the "inner" part to paper - too many little seams - but after they get to be about 2-3" on one side - I can use the paper to see what I need to "finish" them -

For both - I can let the fabric hang off the edges until I get the paper completely covered - and either trim them to the size of the paper and tear the paper off - or remove the paper first and die cut them again for "real" - I'll try it both ways - see if I like one way better than the other - it might be different depending on the block - you never know -

At least that's the PLAN -

We'll see if it works tomorrow - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I really hate ripping the papers off the back of paper pieced blocks. That is probably why I don't use paper foundations for piecing much of anything.

Jeanna said...

I never considered using the GO cutter to cut paper...duh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...