Saturday, October 20, 2018

Some more neutral scraps -


So I grabbed another handful from the BIG basket -

Transferred it to the box for sorting -


And pulled out a big SOLID piece that had circles cut from it -

I could try to cut some triangles from the parts connecting them -

But I have PLENTY of muslin in the other room -

And can cut triangles from that if I need some -

So I don't think I'll bother with that part -


But I think I'll save this piece on the end -


Since it's at the fold and a pretty good sized chunk -


And the rest can go in the trash -


This bunch looked like all the same size strips -


But they were actually folded over - so bonus - the scraps are twice as big as I thought they were -


After sorting though about half the box - I changed my routine a little -

I took everything out of the box and sorted them into a couple of piles as I pressed them -

This pile will get trimmed up to straighten the edges -


The pile on top will get the selvages trimmed off and the other two pieces will be straightened up -



The ones that don't need trimming went back in the box - to be put in the other piles after all of the other pressing and trimming are done - it seemed to speed up the process a little - since I wasn't stopping to put each piece "away" or stopping to cut anything yet - I was just pressing them all out -


Tomorrow I can trim the ones that need trimming and put everything in the various piles -

Then grab another handful -

And I don't think I've made the slightest dent in the BIG basket -

So this is going to take a while - ;))


So far I don't have a whole lot to run through the strip die cutter - I'm just doing a little trimming to straighten some frayed edges. But what I do have is perfect for NEUTRAL "crumb" blocks or "string" blocks that don't need pieces cut to any particular size. I can go through the larger chunks when I'm done and die cut them into various shapes and sizes depending on the size of the scraps -

The pressing and sorting is the easy part -

The hard part is deciding what I want to DO with what I have -

SOOOOOOOOOO many possibilities - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have come across scraps that are folded also and been surprised at the "extra" I wasn't expecting.
I agree with you on the muslin fabric with the circles, I would have tossed that also.

Jeanna said...

Whoa! Something actually went into the trash? LOL. That is a lot of neutrals. Surely enough for a few big quilts.

Julie Fukuda said...

I probably would have tested those triangular pieces for at least a small square. But then, my one inch tin is filling up fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...